The Conanicut Yacht Club was incorporated on October 7, 1892 “for the purpose of encouraging yacht building and improvement in seamanship and the cultivation of naval science…”. We have come a long way since our founding, yet our colorful history still shapes the Club. Today, CYC is a vibrant community that celebrates tradition as it meets members’ diverse interests.
CYC’s main Clubhouse, located at 40 Bay View Drive, offers a full-service dining room, a complete bar, casual gathering spaces, and seasonal outdoor seating overlooking Narragansett Bay and the CYC waterfront. The Clubhouse is the main hub for Club activities, from weekly Mah Jong and Bridge to meals, special events, boating, launch service, and dinghy storage.
Located at 24 Whittier Road, a half-mile from the Clubhouse, CYC’s state-of-the-art racquets hut offers indoor and outdoor viewing of the Club’s eight Har-Tru tennis courts and two paddle tennis courts. Visit the Pro Shop, take a lesson with our pro, and take in the busy racquets scene.
As a member of CYC, you will have access to the full range of facilities and activities the Club has to offer. Joining CYC involves being sponsored by a member. We invite you to learn more about CYC by meeting some of our members. Please contact a current club member to learn more.
CYC’s dress code applies to members and guests on all Club property.
- During the day, sporty/casual attire is allowed everywhere on Club property. This includes T-shirts, shorts, jeans, tennis whites, sailing and golf wear
After 6:00 PM Club attire is required when entering the Clubhouse. Members and guests must be neatly dressed and look presentable
- For gentlemen, this includes collared shirts, sweaters, slacks, neat jeans, and Bermuda shorts. Jackets and ties are optional
- Ladies may choose to wear: slacks, neat jeans, Bermuda shorts, skirts, sundresses, and cocktail dresses
- Sailors coming off the water and tennis players coming from the courts after 6:00 PM may frequent the lawn and deck in sailing or tennis attire. Passing through the Clubhouse to use the facilities or to pick up a drink to take outside is permissible
- Sweatshirts or hoodies, graphic T-shirts, and ripped or torn clothing are not allowed in the Clubhouse or on the deck
- Hats must be removed when indoors
- At no time are bathing suits, bare feet, or wet clothing allowed inside the Clubhouse or on the deck
- Junior members and guests are expected to abide by the same dress code standards as adults
Talking on cell phones is prohibited at the Clubhouse, Clubhouse deck, racquets hut, racquets hut deck, and tennis and platform courts. We ask that members and guests silence all electronic devices at the Club.
Between Memorial Day and Labor Day, CYC observes nightly colors at sunset, complete with the firing of a small canon (which makes a surprisingly big sound). We ask that as the American flag is lowered, you stand in silence, facing the yardarm until a Club officer announces “as you were.”
CYC is a member of the Yachting Club of America, which provides reciprocal privileges with other member clubs. To learn more about visiting CYC, please see Reciprocity. We recommend that you contact the Club before visiting.
CYC Launch Schedule
The CYC launch monitors VHF channel 72. View the Launch Schedule
Contact the CYC office at (401) 423-1424 or email us email@example.com. Office hours are 9:00am - 4:00pm Monday through Friday.
Frank Pensa M.D.